How do I move a Site to an existing Nintex DB?

• 7 November 2015
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I have an active production site that is using Nintex WF 2013 and the problem I have is that the site is using the Nintex_Config Database. When I look at the Database Mappings page in CA it says it is using the Nintex_Config DB. I have a workflow database setup for it that I'd like it to use. How can I reset this without screwing up access to existing workflows we are on Database version 3.0.2.0

Thank you!

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Does no one on this forum know how to do this? How about any documentation on it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks for popping this to the top, I apologize no one has replied yet. Here are a few documents to get you going. essentially you will need to create new Nintex content databases, then map the site collections to those new databases. If you want to move existing workflow data to the new databases use the MoveData commands in NWAdmin.

Database Design Guide: Nintex Workflow​ would be a good place to start about creating multiple databases. Then Database Mapping​ on how to change settings. Refer to NWAdmin Operations - Nintex Workflow 2013​ for all of the admin operations like Move Data that I mentioned.

Badge +9

‌ Are you able to migrate on the existing farm?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

aditya gandhe, I haven't done this yet.

Badge +9

thanks for the reply, we are also facing the same situation where we want to migrate workflows from 2010 to 2013 existing environment and the workflow should continue running .

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

That's a different scenario than mine. I am just moving data from one 2013 DB to another on the same farm. You might want to post a new question in the Administration area. Have you seen this guidance yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hey ‌, after a migration, a running workflow will not be able to continue running. This is because the SharePoint workflow service doesn't hold the memory during the transition. The best case for you would be to stop the workflow and start it over. In some workflows I was able to prevent any restarting issues by implementing conditions like a state machine to allow me to start anywhere in the workflow based on a status value saved to the list item.