Format problem in Update document action

• 28 October 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I got a question here. 

Assuming I am building a queationnaire and I want to use "update document" to update content control text in a library document with workflow variables(mutiple lines of text type). In the screenshot below I use both rich text and plain text type but no one fulfill what I want.

Here is the workflow variable I want to update in the content control in document, and I send notification to myself. It consists of two paragraphs.And I want content control to show as below:

193672_pastedImage_7.png

And the result in the rich text:

193673_pastedImage_8.png

So in rich text it is confusing that it self-duplicates the text, and it seems to have format problems like words difference.

The result in plain text:

193674_pastedImage_9.png

So in plain text it can not seperate the two paragraphs.

And the workflow goes like this:

193675_pastedImage_10.png

So how should I set in the word if I want the document show the content control text as the original one...?

4 replies

Badge +10

Hi Eden,

I had same problem when trying update the rich text control, it duplicates the data. No idea why.

Is it possible to use two plain text controls for each para.

Badge +3

You can use different content control titles for the Update Document Action to recognize. But it is different...

I am just wondering if content controls really can not store multi-paragraphs text for one time.

I am trying to use repeating section content control as well, but it doesn't work up to now

Badge +10

Well, plain text content control will not take any formatting. Did you try keep the formatting check box from the workflow to rich text control

Badge +3

Yeah I keep them though, so "not take any formating" means it won't recognize a newline as well? That is annoying.

sometimes clients use I,II,III to clarify different points and it just mess up in plain text.