Adding new input property within prebuilt Sharepoint method

• 6 July 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge

Currently I am new to K2 and am having some issues adding input properties to a method that was prebuilt using the Sharepoint API. Im using K2 designer and Im trying to edit the smartobject so I can add input properties to the Create List Item method but cannot seem to find a way to do it. I tried with the SmartObject tester and havent had any luck with that either, if anyone knows what I can do to solve my problem it would be greatly appreciated.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi a_young

I am assuming you are using SharePoint 2013.

You can edit the SmartObject with K2 Designer or in SharePoint (see K2 for SharePoint Help).

If you have additional input properties then I am assuming these are columns in the SharePoint list that you have added after the SmartObject was created?

You will need to go the SharePoint list itself to regenerate the SmartObject. Open the list and on the List menu click the K2 Application button. K2 will then validate the SmartObject for this list and check if any changes have been made. If changes are detected then you will be given the option to regenerate the SmartObject.

Have a look at "Scenario 2: Adding a column (field) to an application" in this whitepaper from K2 SharePoint Application Lifecycle Management