Migrating K2 2003 process to K2 BlackPearl

• 31 January 2011
  • 0 replies

Badge +2

We are looking to migrate our K2 2003 processes to K2 Blackpearl.
We have installed the Blackpearl server on Win Server 2008 R2(64 bit).
Our processes have references to custom DLLs which in turn have references to the K2ROM.dll.

I have followed the following steps for migration so far
1) I have the K2 2003 developer tools (K2 studio and service manager) and VS 2010 installed on my desktop
2) K2 Blackpearl client tools have been installed for VS2010
3) I have opened the K2 2003 solution using VS 2010 which migrated the K2 2003 process over
4) I deployed the process to the BlackPearl server and spawned an instace
5) The process defintion has a server event(activity)  which calls into the custom DLL mentioned above which in turn uses K2ROM.dll.
The process goes into error as soon as it invokes the server side activity with the following error:
  "Could not load file or assembly <Assembly name> or one of its dependencies. is not a valid Win32 application"

Since the server machine does not have K2 2003 installed I added K2ROM.dll to the GAC hoping that the BlackPearl server would load it.

I'm guessing that the issue is because K2ROM is a 32 bit DLL and the K2 Server process is 64 bit.
At this point I'm stuck. Any pointers/guidance would be very much appreciated.

I also tried to get rid of K2ROM and use SourceCode.Workflow.Client.dll instead but I ran into build errors since there is no API call for finishing a workitem. I followed this link:
http://kbbeta.k2.com/en/KB000183.aspx for trying to change the API calls but that did not help either since there are no actions and outcomes in the K2 2003 process.

Please help.

Thanks.
-Abhijeet

0 replies

Be the first to reply!