SmartObject Host Server Error...

• 16 November 2007
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hi...

I'm trying to create SmartObject(s). Following error occurs:

Cannot connect to the host server. Please make sure the host server is running an that you can connect to it.ç

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

As far as I can see, K2 BlackPearl Server is running, IIS is running, etc.

What can I do??

Thanks..

Angie...

5 replies

Badge +9

I would suggest stopping the K2 Host Server service and run it in console mode with full logging.  This might give me more info on what the server is doing.  The other thing is to check if the SmartObject server thread is listening on the port.

Try running this command from the command prompt and see if it connects.

telnet <server name> 5555

Badge +3

I'm getting the same message. When I run telnet as above, I connect OK. I've updated my K2 SmartObject Service definitions in SharePoint - still get the message.

Any further thoughts that can help me?

Thx

Paul

Badge +9

I did another check and I noticed that accessing BP Studio from a developer machine that is not joined to the domain also gives this error.  Joining to the domain and logging in with a domain account fixed it.

Is this similar to your case?

Badge +3
I'm working on a machine that is joined to the domain, and am logged in with a Domain access account.
Badge +9

The other things I would check is:

1. Turn on full logging for the console and run the K2 server in console for additional tracing information.  e.g. license expiry issues, MSMQ issues, Authentication issues, etc.
  2. Check the installation and configuration logs for anomalies
  3. Verify that both port 5555 and 5252 can be accessed from the dev machine to the K2 server.

Normally these would turn up something.