cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Current Item Value

Hi,

I am currently migrating from using Sharepoint Designer to Nintex and I am trying to convert an old workflow.

Previously a user would fill out a form that is added to a list then the workflow started.

The first step in the workflow was to set a variable by retrieving the below information

Field Data to Retrieve ----------------------------------------

Data Source:   A Second List

Field from Source:    ID

Return field as:  As List Item ID

Find the List Item ---------------------------------------------

Field:  Year

Value:  Current Item: Year

The information above that I am not sure how to do in Nintex is getting "Current Item" values

Value: Current Item: Year

How to access the fields of the form that is referred to in Designer as "Current Item"

I hope I made sense somehow, thanks!

Bill

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Current Item Value

Hi Bill,

there is an action called "Set Variable". You have to create a suitable variable an use "Set variable" to store the desired field of your current item in your variable. You can do this be selecting "List Lookup" in the "Value"-Dropdown. For "Source" you choose Current Item and afterwards the desired field. After this action is processed, the value of the selected field is stored in your variable. Take a look at the attached screenshot. This was taken with Nintex Workflow for O365, so if you are using it on premise, it might look a bit different.

2016-02-25 07_58_40-Start.png

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi,

If you're dealing with a list workflow then the Nintex current item is the list item that caused the workflow to run, this could be because it has been created or modified.

Jan

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks Jan,

Ok, I understand that you say that the Nintex current item is the list item that cuased the workflow to run.  How do I access this "Nintex current item", I dont see it in any of the options when trying to set a variable.

I looked under :

Value

Workflow Data

List Lookup

Workflow Context

User Profiles

Workflow Constants

and don't see anything related to the current list item that caused the workflow to run.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I figured out my issue, I was creating a Site Workflow instead of creating a workflow from my list.  Current Item and its fields now show up in my options.  Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi wcerndt, I am having the same issue, how did you get it to display the current item, i'm not sure what you mean by site workflow vs workflow from list, could you help please.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply