Site Workflow Current Date

• 20 November 2015
  • 7 replies

Badge +8

Hello. So I am trying to create a site workflow that will run daily. It is looking at another list specifically a particular date field on that list. When that date field equals today I want the site workflow to send and email to the person that created that line in the list. In the site workflow I'm using query list and filtering by Current Time but when I execute it's coming up blank. Any ideas Thanks so much

7 replies

Badge +11

Hi Christopher,

If you are comparing against Current Time then it doesn't have date component. The Current Time is in the format of HH:MM AM/PM.

For comparison against date field use Current Date.

Badge +8

Apologies I actually did mean to write Current Date.

Badge +7

Could you post a picture of your worlflow ?

I tested your need and it works for me :

- log current date

- query list where "DueDate" = Current Date --> Store Title in a variable

- log variable value : I get some items

What time does your Workflow run when scheduled ?

Badge +8

Sure no problem see below. I actually haven't even finished creating the WF yet so no schedule. I'm testing within the control and getting the below results. As you can see when I put the Current Date filter I get nothing back. But when I have no filter I get the below results. Including one for today (Sunday the 22nd) Thanks for your help.

Proposal_Tracker_WF_1.PNGProposal_Tracker_WF_2.PNGProposal_Tracker_WF_3.PNGProposal_Tracker_WF_4.PNG

Badge +8

Actually I'm still having the same issue. Anyone have any ideas?

Badge +11

Is this issue resolved? Could you please post your solution and mark the appropriate answer as correct to help others on the community.

Badge +8

Hello Kapil, unfortunately no it was not but my end users decided to go another route anyway. Thanks to everyone for their help