cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Creating a workflow that will generate a vCard QR Code to be inserted into a document

I am trying to build a form that will take staff details and create a word document with a vCard QR Code image inserted into it to be sent to be sent to an external printing service so that business cards can be printed up by them.

I have looked at this thread which creates bar codes but have run into issues when sending the vCard info to an external web service such as google http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chs=200x200&cht=qr&chld as the URL length exceeds 255 chars.

I am kind of stuck on how i should proceed. Has anyone created a vCard QR Code solution using Nintex workflows?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Creating a workflow that will generate a vCard QR Code to be inserted into a document

I've never tried this in Nintex, but I did create a PHP application where I ran into the same issue. To get around it, I created a bit.ly account to get a login code and API key and used their API to shorten my URL. Then I dynamically created the chart.apis.google.com URL with the bit.ly short URL. It worked great.

SharePoint 2013 On-Prem | Nintex Forms & Workflow Enterprise
0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply