cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Creating a rule for a multiple choice field to hide/display based on checked checkbox

Jump to solution

I have a multiple choice field called "fruit" and if the "Apple" is checked then I need it to display the "Type of Apple" text field. If it is not checked then I need to hide. 

If both "Apple" and "Banana" are checked then I need it to display both the text fields - "Type of Apple" and "Type of Banana" 

What control do I create rule for? And how do I create this type of rule? 

So far I have tried to create a rule on the "Type of Apple" based on the "Fruit" checkbox. And I would re-create the same rule for the other control "Type of Banana".

I can't do a screenshot of it because its on my work machine and am not allowed. 

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Creating a rule for a multiple choice field to hide/display based on checked checkbox

Jump to solution

Hi,

Type of Apple and so on would be single lines of text controls.
The rule on the control would be not(contains(Fruit,"Apple")) which says hide the control if Fruit does not contain Apple.

Attached a sample responsive form which shows a POC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Creating a rule for a multiple choice field to hide/display based on checked checkbox

Jump to solution

I am not folling you? I have to add an XML file? I can't just add a rule to the field? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution
The rule is:
not(contains(Fruit,"Apple"))

The attachment is an export of a responsive form that you can import into your environment to see how it works.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thank you that solution worked for us. 

0 Kudos