cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating a project site from a workflow upon project creation

Hello all. I am pretty new to Nintex, so forgive me if this is a pretty rookie error.

I am trying to make a workflow such that, upon creation of a project, it triggers the creation of a project site, using a pre-defined template. As it stands, I have a workflow that can create the site when I want it to, but for some reason, it is not associating itself with the project.

It seems to me that there is a step missing from my workflow, but I am yet unable to find a workflow action that will connect the new site to the new project. Here is a screenshot of my workflow so far, if that helps. The logic of it is:

Retrieve event data (project: created) -> store ProjectName as a string

Create site at myserverdomain.com/ProjectName

Notify admin of creation

Like I said, it's a very simple workflow, but I'm not sure how to connect the dots between site creation and project association. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Not applicable

Re: Creating a project site from a workflow upon project creation

Bennie, what is your expectation on how the project site is associated to the project? Is the Project added to a list as part of the "Event Data" action?

My thought is that you would have to add another action to update the project list, to include the URL for the new site that gets created. This step would go between the "create site" action and the "Notify Admin"

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply