cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lempertA
Nintex Newbie

Creating a new item in a list every time an item in a different list is added

Jump to solution

I created a list that contains the title of an assignment and its current status: "Completed" or "Pending Scheduling". I also have a second list that I want to display all items that are "Pending Scheduling". This second list updates every time an item is added to the first.

I think that I need to loop through all the items in the "Title" column of the first list to accomplish this, and every time a row's status has a "Pending Scheduling", the corresponding title needs to be added into the second list. Also, if an item's status in the first list is changed to "Completed", that item should disappear from the second.

How do I do this?

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
brianknight
Nintex Newbie

Re: Creating a new item in a list every time an item in a different list is added

Jump to solution

I would use a Query List operation that would cycle through each item in a list.  My guess is you need to check this regularly, so a site workflow would be your answer.  The Query list can be filtered to look at a specific field and only capture those items within the list that meet your criteria.  In your case you want field XXXX to equal Pending Scheduling or Completed.  So probably run a parallel action on the onset that does two different queries.  Once you identify which list items meet your critearia, you can perform a "Create Item in Another Site" action to add the corresponding information to the new list (when you have a Pending Scheduling) or "Delete item" action to remove the list item when Completed occurs.   This link gives a real detailed review on creating query list actions and the power it can perform.  I used this to create several workflows that review through all kinds of lists.  I found it very helpful.

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Queries-and-Collections-and-Loops-Oh-My/ba-p/82404

0 Kudos