• 4 replies

Badge +3

hi

i want to have my K2 WF and SmO from dev to production

but the problem is the dev n prod environment is different

1. DEV is K2 4.5 Kb 1140, PROD is K2 4.5 KB 1230

2. DEV DB is in the same server as k2, PROD DB is in different server from K2

3. DEV SQL server is 2005, PROD SQL server is 2008

when i want to change the service in smart object from DEV to PROD there's error said that

SEC_INTERNAL_ERROR

what this error about? is it because the different in environment?

how to solve it?

oyeah
n maybe there is another concern about my case in different environment
like this please enlight me, this is my first time to bring out the K2
from DEV to PROD :)

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +5

If you only have two environments (dev and prod), then my assumption is that you are doing all of your tests in dev.  If this is the case, you really should have these two environments on the same version.  Having the physical layouts (i.e. database server on different machines) shouldn't be an issue, but again, you can't test that if the environments don't match.   You don't mention which services your SO's are pointing to and this can be an issue.  For example, if your SO's are consuming an OOB Active Directory service object method, then you're fine and can deploy to either environment without problems.  However, if you have registered your own service object, then you'll need to synchronize the GUIDs of that service in both environments prior to consuming the SO method(s).  It works fine with the OOB service objects because the GUIDs are predefined by K2 when you install the server and are already in sync.  As far as the SEC_INTERNAL_ERROR is concerned, I think you'll need to provide more information (unless someone else can chime in).  i.e. What are you doing when you see this error, where (i.e. in the K2 console, K2 logs, etc.) are you reading this error, more error detail, etc.

Badge +3

Hi erice,

thanks for the answer

my smart object service is just to sql server and AD

the SEC_INTERNAL_ERROR is generated when i want to change the service of smartobject from the development sql server service to the production sql server service it just when i click on next in the first page of wizard when i want to change my smart object method service in my notebook

SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.Authenticate

at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.WindowsAuthentication(SCConnectionStringBuilder connectionStringBuilder)
   at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.Authenticate(String ConnectionString)
   at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.Open(String connectionString)
   at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Wizards.Methods.Pages.ServiceMethodMapping.OnActivate()
   at SourceCode.Workflow.WizardFramework.WizardPage.SourceCode.Framework.IWizardPage.Activate()
   at SourceCode.Workflow.WizardFramework.PropertyWizard.ActivateCurrentPage()
   at SourceCode.Workflow.WizardFramework.PropertyWizard.OnNavigateToPage(WizardPage destinationPage, Direction direction)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.WizardFramework.PropertyWizard.set_CurrentPage(WizardPage value)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.WizardFramework.PropertyWizard.OnNext(IWizardHostService host)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.WizardFramework.PropertyWizard.SourceCode.Framework.IPropertyWizard.Next(IWizardHostService host)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.DesignerFramework.WizardHost.ShowNextPage()

so where i have to search the log?? because if i remember the log just exist in server not in the client (mynotebook) for developing (the source code is in my notebook for developing)

Badge +3

Hi erice,

i think i just solved it recently

i just have to add the service of my development and then update the service object n smart object server in my k2 object browser

and then the error is just gone, n now i have to change each service of smart object method from development to production @_@ (that's so many hey K2 don't you have a tool to change the service in the smartobject easily T.T)

Badge +5

Perhaps I'm missing something, but you don't have to change every single SmartObject method from development to production just to deploy the SmartObject to a different environment.  You just build the SmartObject once, and then when you deploy it, you specify which environment you are deploying to.