Reusable components

Badge +6

Is there any ability in NWC to reuse WF logic or form sections across multiple workflows? for example, many different forms may have Contact info (name, email, address, etc). I'd like to create this once and drop it onto multiple forms.

For WF logic, many different WFs may go through the same approval process, eg, to manager, then VP, then Pres. I'd like to be able to create a snippet and reuse when necessary.

3 replies

Badge +17

Dean,

Great question and yes. The one precaution here is to not over-design the workflow to the sake of re-usability.

Forms

Within forms, you cannot use a specific set of controls across multiple forms as each form is rendered on its own and thus separate. 

Workflows

Yes you can create a subset of workflow actions to be reused. To do this effectively, ensure your start event is Component Workflow and the action you can then use within your workflow is Start Workflow. This will show you the workflows available and the inputs. You can also setup variables for output which will allow you to pass data into the component workflow and get a response or output from the workflow

Badge

Hi Eric,

Is there a way to assign component workflow to a content type? Below article shows how to reuse a component workflow in a list or library but i'm trying to use this with a content type in O365.

https://www.nintex.com/blog/whats-new-component-workflows/ 

Badge +17

Kaylan,

I have not tested that, but in theory if you have your originating workflow starting on a specific content type, then the workflow being called (component workflow) should also run in that context. 

Because its technically a site workflow that is not bound to a list or library, thus no specific content type, you should be okay with just passing in information and performing the actions necessary. 

Hope that helps.