Should we have Ideas in Connect (Jive)?

• 11 December 2014
  • 8 replies

Badge +6

There's an option to create ideas that we can't use yet. Maybe we even shouldn't?

30155_pastedImage_0.png

30156_pastedImage_1.png

8 replies

Badge +11

This is a question for Emily.

Badge +6

Haha, you're right! You can see in the screenshot that I even tried to send her a direct message, but having no direct connection, it wasn't possible.

Badge +6

I wonder if multiple correct answers are supported here

Badge +6

Exactly. Maybe some CSS like #j-create-link-idea {display:none;}? Worked for me in browser developer tools.

Badge +6

It's just basic HTML and CSS that Jive lacks to remove Ideas from the create menu. the menu is built as a styled UL (unordered list) with LI (list item) elements for menu items. Each has ID attribute assigned.

30158_pastedImage_1.png

You can target a single LI (list item) by its ID in cascading style sheets (CSS files such as <link class="j-custom-theme" href="/resources/styles/palette-1026/1416627923063.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all">).

30157_pastedImage_0.png

All you need to do is add the rule in one of those files (the later the better) for item LI#(with ID)j-create-link-idea that will remove it from the page layout {display:none}.

30161_pastedImage_0.png

Hope this explains a bit.

30160_pastedImage_3.png

Badge +6

What about ideas for improvements of Connect?

Badge +11

In this site, you can connect to other users. You can click on their name which takes you to their profile. You can click on 'Follow' or similar text. If they decide to follow you as well, you will be able to contact them through this site by 'Share'. Their name will appear for you to send them emails. That is how Emily knew about your question. I shared it with her.

Lisa

Badge +11

You're welcome!