Nintex Workflow 2010 - Workflow report : translation issue in title

• 28 December 2015
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +6

After disabled a report in the central administration ("Manage workflow reports"), made a IIS reset, the report is well disappeared in the list of available reports in my web application in french.

However, when I enabled again the report and made a IIS reset, the title previously in french is now in english.

I tried to redo the same actions and several IIS reset (closed browser,cache and history flushed) but nothing change, the title is always in english instead of to be in french.

Does anyone already encountered this issue?

Installed version: Nintex Workflow 2010 (2.4.6.0) - International

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I suggest you to write it to Support​. I 'd also try to reinstall it again.

Badge +6

Thanks for your answer.

I will contact support team.

Badge +6

After contacting support and with his amazing help, it appears the incorrect information is stored in the Nintex Config DB and more precisely in the "Reports" data table.

Information is stored with an hard coded value ("Title" column) instead of with a reference to an entry in a resource file:

• "12 Month Usage Summary" = incorrect value
  • "$WorkflowReport_12MonthUsage_Title" = correct value

After more check, incorrect values are in the "Description" column and "DefinitionXML" column too.

Modify these values in the data table is a workaround but I don't know what is the impact in the garantee of the Nintex product (broken or not).

I have the same issue with Nintex Workflow 2013 - International.

Badge +6

The support gave me an answer about the product garantee if you modify manually the database: "Changes made by users without Nintex supervision/instruction would not be supported".

Badge +6

Complement: it is possible to put the correct values in the database without used the SQL Management Studio or modified the row in the table directly.

Go to the central administration, in Nintex Workflow Management and Manage workflow reports. Be sure the report you would like modify is enabled and open it (click on the title). In "Title", "Description" and "Definition XML" fields, paste the values with "$" (as $WorkflowReport_30DaysUsage_Title, $WorkflowReport_30DaysUsage_Description, etc.) and save the report.

Title and description field will become correct and translations will be back except for definition because the $ values are converted during the save action.