What happens if you add field to content type and refresh smart object with Refernce

• 26 August 2014
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hello All,

Thanks in advance for your time and responses. So, here is my scenario. There is already an existing K2 SharePoint WF Integration Project designed, deployed and in use, I need to add another field to the CT which will play a role in my WF

1. Added a Site Column to my Content Type. This Content Type is used in a SharePoint WF Integraiton K2 Workflow in BlackPearl
  2. Went to Site Actions/ K2 Site Settings/ K2 SmartObject Site List and Libraries & Clicked Ok because the Doc Lib where the CT is used was already checked
  3. Went to Smart Object Tester and Under Smart Object Explorer I Right Clicked and Refreshed the Smart Object. I verified by looking under Properties that the new field is there. AND IT IS
  4. Im my WF, i use refernces for the Smart Object representing my Content Type. You find this under 3rd Node (Process/Activity Data) -- I right clicked both the Refernces Node and also on the Smart Object itslef and did "Refesh" .. BUT .. I dont see my new Field

What if anything am i doing wrong?

Thanks.

2 replies

Badge

Fabian,

I think you need to "Edit" the reference.

Once inside the Edit Reference Screen the refresh should update the object with the new field.

Let me know if that works for you.

Badge +3

I think you may be right @rjoyiii 

I edited the Reference, removed the Load Method that was there, went back to Sites/Load method re-added it and now I can see the Field. Thanks for the feedback, now Im gonna test it to see if it works.. I would have thoguht that a Refresh would have been enough, it worked for the SO Tester Utility.. :-)