Add to Collection Variable from Lookup column

• 12 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

My workflow assigns a Flexi-task to an employee who responds by indicating on the task form which document have gaps and which do not.  The form uses two lookup columns from the list item to store the selections. 

8669i0B9ED3B157671A3E.jpg

The task assignee may select 1 or more documents in the CCBGDs with Gaps and CCBGDs with no Gaps fields, or may leave either of these fields blank. 

8670iA909669B577D77B3.jpg

Here's how I configured the Collection operation action:

8671i976B3F7EC4240BB5.jpg

I want the workflow to add the numbers in these fields, T1111 and T1112 in this example, to a collection variable that will be used to query another list and pull data.  I verified by having the workflow log the count for my collection variable and it is treating both numbers as one item instead of 2.  How do I get the workflow to recognize these numbers as separate data points?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@PEnstrom You will most likely need to do a regular expression(https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2016/4.5.1/#cshid=NintexWorkflowRegularExpression) on the value of the field to split it multiple values. You will then need to extract the values from the collection and add it to the existing collection.

Badge +3

I added the regular expression actions that split the data from the column, then extract it to the Gaps collection variable.  The workflow messages show that T1111 and T1112 are split, but the message from the extract expression shows 4 ;'s but not the actual data.  However, the collection operation that counts items in the Gaps collection variable counts correctly as 2 items.

8676i3EF771ADDEED31DB.jpg

The regular expression actions are configured as below:

8677i9DDE119BA5368A2B.jpg8678i50A5F94619F31D68.jpg

Is my syntax incorrect for the extract regular expression?  Are these actions treating the separating ; as part of the data?

Badge +3

I solved by syntax problem in the regular expression by using w+(?=;)