How to type in a blank charakter in regex/nintex actions?

• 4 October 2016
  • 8 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

I want to split my collection by using '; ' (means a semicolon and a blank). I tried doing this with a collection operation, didn't work. Then I tried it just using ; and regular expression that replaces the ';' with ';s' which didn't work either (it just splitted it by really writing the s.

What should I do? Thank you!

8 replies

Badge +9

Hi Nina,

Maybe try ;\s in your regular expression

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +7

Hi ‌,

I just tried it and it doesn't work :/

Badge +9

Can you not trim your values afterwards?

Badge +7

yes I just achieved it with using ; % and deleting the % afterwards. Not the prettiest solution though..

Badge +3

Hi Nina,

so ";s" should actually work, however what are you trying to achieve in splitting the collection?

if you are trying to work through it why don't you just use the for each loop, then if you need to trim the value of the collection item deal with it within the for each loop rather than in the collection itself?

If you are trying to reformat the collection to remove the space I would use the regedit expression with ";s" and replace it with ":"

Thanks

Craig

Badge +7

Hi, I don't want to trim the value of the collection I really need the whole collection splitted by '; '.
And the s didn't work with Nintex for some reason.
Thanks, Nina

Badge +3

Hi Nina,

Can you explain what exactly you are trying to do or achieve with the collection?  When you say you are trying to split by "; ", how are you building the collection in the first place that you need to split it, and what are you trying to do when you split it - maybe in understanding that I can provide a better option?

Thanks,

Craig

Badge +7

Hi Craig,

I needed a blank space a few times already since I am using Nintex that's why I posted the question here. I found a workaround for my case but I thought there should be an easier way. In a blog I found the solution s for Nintex workflows that's why I was surprised it didn't work. But maybe the blank space is just possible with workarounds..