cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Create item feature to feed a Sharepoint calendar using infopath set to merge repeating table entries.

Hi..   Thanks for taking the time to read my problem.

I am using the create item feature (Nintex) to automatically feed a SharePoint calendar after its approved by management. The source is an InfoPath form that uses repeating tables to allow multiple types of leave to be selected.  I have the field promoted and set at merge which brings over each type, date, and totals perfectly to the library.  After approval I have Nintex feed the calendar to show employees on leave on the calendar.  Works great if only one type of leave is selected.  If 2 or more are selected I get errors related to input.

Sounds like Nintex doesn't know how to provide to SharePoint multiple fields.  Or is it I need to configure SharePoint to accept repeating fields?  Maybe this just isn't possible and I will have to turn this feature off.  I do appreciate any comments or guidance.  Thank you all....

Labels: (1)
1 Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Create item feature to feed a Sharepoint calendar using infopath set to merge repeating table entries.

SharePoint cannot turn a repeating field into a column type that fits the same value. So it just saves the first value. This also occurs on collection variables within a nintex workflow, or it will be a delimited value. What kind of SharePoint column do you need to save the data to? If it is a multi line text? Does each value need to be saved in the same list item or multiple list items (or events)? In InfoPath and also in Nintex Forms, repeating sections are saved as Form Data and need to be parsed if you need to save the data points in specific ways.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply