Number Field Not Working On Nintex Form

Badge +3

I am working with a Nintex Form in SP 2013. I have a field which in SharePoint the column is set for numbers and I have it restricted to 9 or 10 digits. This is set as a required field, numbers can be duplicated. When the form is published I get an error on this one field. I can't seem to figure out why.

6 replies

Badge +16

Can you screenshot your column settings in SharePoint and the error you are getting in the form please?

Badge +3

I was able to figure out the problem.  I used the Nintex form and a formula for the number of digits to enter. This was an easy fix. 

Badge +5

Hi Steve White‌,

Could you please post what formula you used? Will it work if the field may contain leading zeros?

Thank you!

Badge +5

I found a way to get the Nintex form to do what I need. I created a validation rule on the field (field name is PN4Digits) with the condition:

not(equals(length(replace(PN4Digits,0,x),4))

Badge +3

Restrict Digits Nintex FormCheryl glad you figured out a way to accomplish this. Here is what I did.

Badge +5

Thank you for your reply Steve White! My way is actually not turning out well. Is there a way to do this your way, but where the number of digits required depends on the value selected on another named control on the form? Our complete requirement is:

If ProductNumberType = A,  ProductNumberField1 must be exactly 4 digits, else exactly 5 digits. 

If ProductNumberType = A,  ProductNumberField2 must be exactly 4 digits, else exactly 3 digits. 

The main difficulty I'm having is getting Nintex Forms to recognize leading zeros as part of the string. Both ProductNumberFieldX fields are single line of text in the list settings.