cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create a site collection copy that has Nintex workflows

I have a SP 2010 production site collection that has nintex workflows. Now we need to set up a test site collection on the same farm. I am planning to create a new team site and use Backup-SPSite  & Restore-SPSite commands to backup production site collection and restore on test site collection. While following this approach, how do I ensure that Nintex workflows in test site does not interfere with Production site / content ? How can I ensure that the test site collection has its own nintex database ? Is there any better approach for setting up the test site collection ?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jesse_mchargue
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Create a site collection copy that has Nintex workflows

Hello Pradeep Nulu​ -

Are there two different environments (domains), or are you just creating a new site collection in the same environment?

I would recommend having a test environment so that you can bang on it without fear of disrupting your production environment.

Not applicable

Hi Jesse McHargue,

It's on the same environment (same farm & web application). Unfortunately, we don't have any other environments. That is why looking for a right method to perform this operation.

Regards,

Pradeep Nulu

jesse_mchargue
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Pradeep Nulu​ -

I am not 100% sure if you are able to create an additional db for the test site collection.

However, you can always configure the settings within the site collection and site to limit workflow designer permissions, available workflow actions, and enable workflow change approval for publishing. This will put some safeguards up so that things are not just thrown in and cause issues.

Not applicable

Thanks JesseMcHargue. Sure, as a last resort, would look at re-configuring WFs manually.

Regards,

Pradeep Nulu

jesse_mchargue
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Not sure why I didn't think of this... Long day... But you can set up each site collection with its own db for Nintex. We did it this way in the event that it blew up, it wouldn't affect other areas.