cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhayanandkalimi
Nintex Newbie

Re: Create Tab like functionality on your Nintex Forms

Nice & great article Emily Billing. Loved it.

0 Kudos
bf_parvaz
Nintex Newbie

Hi everyone,

Is this solution works in  Nintex Online?

In choice control setting there isn't " Render as bottuns" option?

Thanks,

Bahar

0 Kudos
RAHULGANDHI
Nintex Newbie

Hello,

I tried creating tabs as discussed in this video but for some reason, I am facing some issues. Please guide.

1. Created choice control with name as 'Choice' and Choices 'Choice1' and 'Choice2'.

2. Created two panels. Each panel contains a label named as 'Panel1' or 'Panel2'.

3. I am trying to create rules such that when I click on Choice1 button, I should see Panel1 and vice-versa.

4. NewRule1 - Selected Panel1. Clicked Add Rule. Entered conditioned as Choice!='Choice1', checked Hide checkbox. Panel1 control was added to the rule.

5. NewRule2 - Repeated step 4 for rule creation for Panel2.

6. Now, when I click on NewRule1, Condition field has been reset to Choice instead of Choice!='Choice1' which is incorrect. 

7. Due to this, when I generate a preview, everything fails.

8. Please download the attachment.

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi @RAHULGANDHI                    

There looks like an issue with your rule. Where it says Choice2 it is coloured red which looks like it is linked to a named control where it should not be.

Also on your choice control there appears to be a space above the two choices that may be causing an issue.

I have attached a form which is replicating your scenario.  Import it and test that it works for you.

0 Kudos
RAHULGANDHI
Nintex Newbie

@SimonMuntz Finally, I was able to create the rule. As per the video on the Nintex Website, I was using condition as 'Choice != "Option1"). I saw that you used 'not(equals(Choice, "Option1"))'. This works. Not using '!= ' as a NOT EQUAL TO operator but using not(equals()) helps. THANK YOU!

@SimonMuntz wrote:

Hi @RAHULGANDHI                    

There looks like an issue with your rule. Where it says Choice2 it is coloured red which looks like it is linked to a named control where it should not be.

Also on your choice control there appears to be a space above the two choices that may be causing an issue.

I have attached a form which is replicating your scenario.  Import it and test that it works for you.

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

@RAHULGANDHI 

Either rule wil work.

I downloaded your form from the messgae you deleted and used the != rule and that also made your form work.

0 Kudos
RAHULGANDHI
Nintex Newbie

Hello,

I have created two tabs Tab1 and Tab2 with default value as Tab1. When I preview the form, first time the form does not show me anything. When I click on either Tab1 or Tab2, then it shows me the entire form. Please see attached images.

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

I tested setting the Default option and then opening the form and the tab was selected and the controls shown for that tab so I am not sure why it is not working for you.
0 Kudos
vuesh492
Nintex Newbie

Is there a way to select more than one choice on the rendered buttons?

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Multi select is not available on choice controls rendered as buttons.
0 Kudos