cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create Tab like functionality on your Nintex Forms

In this video, Nintex Technical Evangelist Vadim Tabakman‌, shows how you can create tab-like functionality on your Nintex Form (applicable in both 2010 and 2013), using both the Choice Control and Rules.

Labels: (3)
21 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Create Tab like functionality on your Nintex Forms

Is the option for rendering as buttons for the choice control available for Office 365?  I tried following the video and did not see that has an option.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hey Jerry, that option is not available for the online version. There is a request in UserVoice to add this, I'd recommend adding your vote if you'd like to see it as a future feature. Render as Button – Customer Feedback for Nintex

0 Kudos
Not applicable

That is a really nice functionality! I tried it on a List but i have a problem with it. In order to make the form for my users more comfortable I set a default value for the tabs. If I create a new item in that list the default value is set and I see the first tab. But if i open the created list item again there is no tab selected, like if the default value got lost. Is there a solution, that every time i open the form it will display my first tab?

0 Kudos
cgb
Nintex Newbie

I created a hidden column for my list named myTabChoice.  Then this column is connected to the choice control.  When the user Saves the form, the last tab selected is saved to the myTabChoice column.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hey Chris, thank you for your answer. Firstly I can´t connect any column with the choice control, because the choice control is not a sharepoint column, it only exists in the form, otherwise I am not able to make the dropdown look like tabs. I want that every time when the form is opened, the first tab should be activated, no matter on which tab the user was looking when he saved it. At the moment I´m trying a diffrent approach via javascript. So far I´ve come across many solutions, but I didn´t get a working one.

I named the ID of the choice control "dllTab".

NWF$(document).ready(function(){

document.dllTab.options[0].defaultSelected==true;

});

NWF$(document).ready(function(){

NWF$("#"+ddlTab).val('0');

});

None of them works.

0 Kudos
cgb
Nintex Newbie

Viktor,

You can use the "Connected to" property of the Nintex Form Choice control to connect it to the myTabChoice SharePoint column that was created.  My users prefer having the form open to the last tab that was selected when it was saved.

0 Kudos
fpathan
Nintex Newbie

A bit flaky. I tried with my form. It seems to loose effect once you click around in the form. Just to be sure, I repeated my setup and ended up with same result. What I saw was that my panels would lose their position within  the form. Another time, my tab would completely disappear.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jwiskema
Nintex Newbie

Thanks for this, it really helps with longer forms.  Quick questions though; I am trying to print the form, at the moment it will only print the current tab.  Can anyone think of a way to print the entire form?

I am using this to print the form: Print Button - Nintex Forms

Thanks,

Jennifer

Not applicable

In the video, is there anyway you can show the rule used for the Disable of certain tabs? I want to ensure non-selected panels are disabled when not being used. Can someone post a screen shot of a disable rule created?

0 Kudos