cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elwcheng
Nintex Newbie

Create JIRA issue using Sharepoint Nintex Workflow using REST API

I want to create JIRA Issue using Nintex Workflow.  There is a posting on this community that provides example for using JIRA SOAP API but I can't find anything for REST API.  I am using JIRA 7.10 and the SOAP API was removed.  I am using Sharepoint 2013 and Nintex Workflow 2013. 

Labels: (1)
Tags (5)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Create JIRA issue using Sharepoint Nintex Workflow using REST API

For this, you will have to find more information on JIRA itself. Unfortunately, not a lot of people here use JIRA so maybe hopping on the JIRA forum and asking them about their APIs. I know that its possible to hit a REST API via Nintex, but you will have to find the API information to execute with. 

0 Kudos
elwcheng
Nintex Newbie

There are Jira REST API examples here.

I tried to insert the necessary commands into Nintex Web Request and is getting nowhere.  See the uploaded file.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

I do not know what the JIRA is at all, so just few general comments...

if you explored your example page a bit more you could eg find following page that defines which communication method should be used for which REST endpoint, and further details on endpoint.

so ..../createmeta endpoint expects GET method to use to communicate with it.

i.jpg

in the example you attached, you seem to input endpoint URL mulitple times in an URL field, making the whole URL invalid.

0 Kudos