Is it possible to check if user exists on AD or User Profile using Nintex workflows

• 22 November 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Dear all,

I would like to know if there is any action in Nintex workflow that can help me to check if user exists on AD or User Profile. Reason being some users left the company and workflow trying to read the user names and it is stuck and throwing errors. Please advise and I appreciate your help and support. Thank you!

6 replies

Badge +8

Hi Narayana,

Before doing any user interaction it would be advisable to use "Query User Profile" action and try to just get the "Name" or something from it. Set the Error Handling section to capture Errors and in the next step check to see if there are any errors. Any errors generally mean that Nintex was not able to query the user from the User profile and you should probably just stop your processing for that particular user. 

221419_pastedImage_2.png

Regards,

Shrini

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

or it's even possible to perform check directly within run-if/set condition action

221431_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +1

Thank you Shrinivas for your reply. It seems working but when I pass user name through workflow variable it is not working for me but however, Marian Hatala suggested to use Run if condition and this seems to be working for me . Thank you again for your help!221470_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +1

Thank you very much, Marian! It is working like a charm!

Badge +6

Next question - when I got a not found on a user how can I error handle in flow so it will continue ? 

Badge +1

I used "Set a condition" where the Condition is:  Person is a valid SharePoint user

If No, an email notification is sent to alert me and the loop continues through each item in the list. 

If 5 users are invalid I'll receive 5 separate emails.

26238iD362C4EBD9E8B789.png

26239iA282C9A63D6D4EB9.png

All roles have a variable that the user is set to, in this example the SharePoint user fulfills the role of Customs Primary.