migrating a site collection (with Nintex WF and forms) from one farm to the other

Badge +2

We currently have a site collection in our DEV farm which has a few Nintex Workflows.  We backed up and restored to our QA farm.  I don't expect to have all the history of the workflows ,but we were hoping the Workflow and Workflow forms would be intact and we could re-import if need be.

But, upon opening, the Workflow looked fine, but we could not open up any Workflow forms, it would crash.

I came across the Restoring Site Collections document which is 8 pages.

Isn't there any easier way to migrate a site collection from one farm to another?

Shouldn't we be able to backup, restore, delete the workflows and forms and re-import them?

Thanks

J Herschel

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

The answer to your last question is yes, all you have to do is make templates of each, and then import them into your new environment and then adjust any configuration changes needed.  This would be on a form by form, workflow by workflow basis; so unless you were inquiring about a way to do them all at once, this would be one of your options.

Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Jonathan,

When you open the form what exactly happens? Can you post a sanitized screen shot of the behavior you are seeing presently?

Additionally, Can you try toggling the Site Collection feature for Nintex Forms off and then on?

Cheers!

Badge +2

Hello Aaron,

I attempted to migrate again and, then re-enabled 3 Site Collection Features that has Nintex Workflows in them

I swore I did this already, but it appears re-activated them did the trick!

Thank you for your help and you can close this ticket.

Jonathan

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No worries! Glad that cleared it up. happy.png