cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create Folders With a Document Set?

Jump to solution

We have created a workflow in Nintex Workflow 2013 that creates a document set.  We are trying to figure out how to create a folder within the newly created document set.  Does Nintex Workflow 2013 support this scenario?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Create Folders With a Document Set?

Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

You can use "Create item" to achieve this. You need to provide the folder path in the name field for the new folder, using the name of the document set as the first node of the path.

In the image below, I already have a document set called 'DocSet1', and when this workflow is run, a folder called 'MySubFolder' will be created within it.

CreateSubFolder.png

This works because the 'Create item' action can handle creating folder structures in a library, and document sets happen to be a type of folder.

Hope this helps

James

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi James Tyzack

I think we might have discovered a bug using a modified version of this method of folder creation.

When you hard code in the known Document Set file name (e.g. DocSet1) and there is matching item in the library, then the workflow executes correctly. However, if you use a variable (string) to get the name of the Document Set, then a folder is created in BOTH the Document Set and the root level of the library.

16-09-2014 2-51-31 PM.png  16-09-2014 2-51-45 PM.png

This issue only occurs when fetching the Document Set name as a variable:

16-09-2014 2-54-36 PM.png

If we hard code the Document Set name into the variable then the operation executes correctly;

16-09-2014 2-56-11 PM.png

The problem is that we need to automate the collection of the Document Set name and the setting of it as a variable because each Document Set is automatically created (and the folders added) and we can't be having a user going in to modify the workflow every time a new file is created.

Thoughts?

Justin

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Justin.

This may sound strange but try using the "create item in another site" action.

This will separate the folder path and folder name.

Let us know how you go.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Simon

Thanks for the advice. I made a change to the workflow as per your instructions, however, the issue still remains. Below is screenshot of the workflow and each of its configuration pages:

Create Folder Workflow.png

Create Folder Workflow - Set Variable.png

Create Folder Workflow - Create Item.png

I have sent you via email a copy of the .swf file as well for testing.

Cheers

Justin

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

HI Simon

I have responded to the message board and attached screenshots and .nwf file here.

Maybe if we can coordinate a screenshare session I can demonstrate for you. This issue has our SharePoint guys here baffled.

Cheers

Justin

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Simon

Did you receive my email from Thursday?

Any chance we can coordinate a screen share session I can demonstrate for you.

Cheers

Justin

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Guys

Can someone please provide an update on this issue.

Cheers

Justin

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Justin,

Apologies for leaving you in the dark. Yes, lets do a screen share so I can see. I will have our support department contact you via email to organize a time.

regards

James

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

James;

I would like to know also the outcome of what you find, I am trying to achieve the same functionality as Justin and am having the same results (folders in the root library).

Thanks!

Katy

0 Kudos