Update Multiple Items Action: Fields to Update not showing up

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Folks,

I am building a workflow that requires me to update a field in a list that is in another sub-site. I am using the Update Multiple Items action and I can successfully reach the list in question. When I activate the "Fields to update" selector, only a small selection of the list's fields are showing up. I found the discussion on Fields missing in Update Multiple Items but this covered a document library and the solution seemed to be a problem with checked out items.

I have tried to create a workflow with the same action on the list itself and the Update Multiple Items action still does not work even locally but the Update Item and Set Field Value actions both display all of the list's fields.

Here are the fields in the list...

...and here are the fields exposed by the Update Multiple Items action...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Patrick

5 replies

Badge +16

i had the same with delete multiple items and it ended up being a bug - I would check the release notes and see what version you're on and what fixes have been applied since then

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I think you nailed it. My version is 3.1.4.11

The update 3.1.6.0 on 10/26/2015 reads "Corrected the Multiple item update action that did not populate all fields if the content type is created by PowerShell (17927)" seem to answer my issue. Unfortunatlely we have a road map for update to 2016 but our size of organization has many gates and hurdles to overcome to get a system updated.

Any ideas for a workaround?

Thanks Cassy Freeman‌!

Badge +16

i literally was stuck without a workaround until I upgraded.

what is the issue with upgrading?

I can share with you how we do things privately if that is of any help?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Because of the size of our company and the complexity of our IT infrastructure, a great deal of testing and approval must go into each update and upgrade. Plus, because our E-IDE team that manages the SharePoint farm is over tasked and is steadily working toward the SP2016 upgrade for later in the year so unless it was a debilitating issue covering a large population of users, the time involved is not worth it since we will have SP and Nintex 2016 by the fall.

I moved the list over to the site with the other list on it so I could use the Update Item. That fixed it.

Thanks for the answer!

Badge +3
I am getting similar issues with update multiple items. nintex (2016) version is 4.2.0.1 but the workflow was built in nintex 2010 version 2.3.
do you know what can fix the issue here?
please advise?