Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Count choice values in repeating section

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I want to be able to return a count of how many times a certian choice has been selected in a repeating section. There is a choice field which is a simple "Yes" or "No" option. I want to count how many times "Yes" has been selected and return that value.

E.g. there's 15 rows in a repeating section, and "Yes" has been selected on 10 of the rows. I want the value 10 to be calculated and displayed.

Thanks,

Mike.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Count choice values in repeating section

Jump to solution

While not exact, you can use Vadim Tabakman's solution to parse through your repeating section.  See his post here:

http://www.vadimtabakman.com/nintex-formsworkflow-parsing-repeating-section-data.aspx

You can then just add in a run if statement that will add a number to each instance equals "Yes".  Download his user defined action and workflow.  At this point, I do not see a way to do this in the form itself.  It will most likely have to be performed via a workflow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

First of all use a Yes/No control in this case. Then create a calculated value control named e.g. cv  with formula

If(YesNo,1, '')
in repeating section where YesNo is the name of the Yes/No control.
Under repeating section create a calculated value control containing formula
count(cv)
Last step is hidding the calculated value control in repeating section by css or formatting rule.
grafik.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

I agree with @mlauer that yes/no controls would be more suitable in this scenario.

they even wouldn't needed any extra calculation - their true/false values are automatically treated as 1/0 in numeric formulas. so you could directly sum/count over them.

see https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/Set-Field-based-on-Valid-Checkboxes/m-p/21329/...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution
Thanks for your response and solution! This works great for what I needed! :)
0 Kudos