K2 for SharePoint App

• 31 December 2014
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Dear,

Kindly I am getting a warning during the deployment of the k2 for SharePoint app catalog (attached AppCatalog.png) , but the k2 for SharePoint app will be deployed successfully after clicking OK.

Once I try to configure it on the site , I get an error : Error issuing high trust token (attached Error.png).

Could you please advise about the above issue ?

15932i02B482049B6020F0.png
12173iFE066B961D92C616.png

2 replies

Badge +7

Hi achehade,

1. You can run the SP 2013 Health Check Script to look for more issues. It may help reveal is there was some improper configuration, which could have triggered the error. This will not affect SharePoint and will help to verify that everything has been set up properly. Note, you may want to run this script with a SharePoint admin account.

SharePoint 2013 Heath Check Script: http://community.k2.com/t5/General-K2-Utilities/SharePoint-2013-Health-Check-Script/ba-p/68124

2. Additionally, here's some documentation and more info on high trust tokens: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/fp179901(v=office.15).aspx

3. Another client previously resolved the issue by doing the following:

On K2 server -
A. Run K2 4.6.7 setup and repair

On SharePoint server -
A. Run K2 4.6.7 setup core and repair
B. Run K2 for SharePoint setup and repair
C. Run K2 for SharePoint - App Deployment to app catalogues
D. Run registration wizard for K2 in app catalogue

-----
I'm guessing you've also logged a ticket with this issue already. If you get a resolution that's easily doable, please share it with the rest of the community so that if this comes up in the future, it can help to guide others. Happy 2015!

Badge +4

Yes i opened a ticket ,the support team sent me the below solution and it solves my issue : 

Kindly assure us that you are on k2 4.6.7

On K2 server -
1. Run K2 4.6.7 setup and repair

On SharePoint server -
1. Run K2 4.6.7 setup core and repair
2. Run K2 for SharePoint setup and repair
3. Run K2 for SharePoint - App Deployment to app catalogues
4. Run registration wizard for K2 in app catalogue

Please Make sure that you have you checked that the K2 Service account has full rights on the SQL instance and K2 database, full control on the Sharepoint web application and site collection and that it is a Farm Administrator in Sharepoint.

The prerequisites in the 'http://help.k2.com/helppages/K2ForSharePointGettingStarted1.0/default.htm' guide must have been met correctly.

in case you did all of this and it didnt work then it is a certificate issue; Run the following in SharePoint 2013 Managment shell.

Get-SPTrustedSecurityTokenIssuer
Get-SPTrustedRootAuthority

We should have a K2 for SharePoint trusted token issuer registered using the K2 OAuth High Trust certificate.

This certificate must also be installed in the trusted root authority store, and the thumbprints on these two entities must match.

Please see the doc attached (K2 OAuth Repair.docx)  
Please follow the doc carefully. Kindly note that Step 5 in the Document you need to run the AppDeployment.exe again. If you receive a warning here again, you need to send us the installer Trace logs that is created during the installation.

How to get them.
Press Windows+R (the will open the Run app)
Type in %temp% and press enter.
Look for the folder called "K2 Setup Log", and attach the content of the folder to the ticket. Also look for any error or warning in the installertrace file (Search for “Logged Warning”, and “Logged Error”), maybe this will give you an indication on why you cannot connect to the database to get the High Trust Certificate file.