cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Copying a workflow - do the variables need to be different names for each copy of the workflow?

The list is being used to store Certification data for each employee. I created an Email Notification workflow that pauses until (Calc date) prior to the "Expiration Date" column.

Could not use repeating sections as the data is not stored into designated columns programmed for the workflow. I manually created 6 columns for each Cert ( Cert 1 Cert 2 Cert 3, etc.) with their own Expiration Date (Exp Date1, Exp Date 2).

Customer wants a reminder notification for EACH CERT to be sent at different time intervals (6 months, 5 months, 4 months, 3 months, 2 months and 1 month) prior to the "Expiration Date" column.

Current Set up: Parallel Actions for all 6 Certs. Copied the workflow for each Cert. Each action is tied to its respective Expiration Date (Exp Date1, Exp Date2) as well as timed interval for the reminder.

The Calc Date requires a stored variable (6monthreminder, 5monthreminder) Etc.

Question: This already was very heavy workflow for each time interval – for each Cert this workflow is separate – but do I need to rename the variable in which the Calc date is stored? Ex. 6monthreminderCert1, 6monthreminderCert2, 6monthreminderCert3, etc. or can I get away with the same variable name for each?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Copying a workflow - do the variables need to be different names for each copy of the workflow?

Essentially, if my workflow stores 8 variables of data from Calc date, and I want to use the workflow 6 different times in the same workflow (changing column it receives data from each time), do I need 48 different variables?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Copying a workflow - do the variables need to be different names for each copy of the workflow?

Hi,
Variables are only referenced for the workflow running.
This means that multiples of the same workflow can be running and other workflows with different names can have the same varibale names.
Just changing the column that the workflow references in your six workflows will work.
0 Kudos