cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Copy to SharePoint Not working

Jump to solution

Hello,

I created a workflow to copy documents from one site collection to another with Copy to SharePoint. It works for me but not for regular end users. Do I have to enter or change permissions somewhere?
Thank you in advanced!

Maria

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Copy to SharePoint Not working

Jump to solution

One thing to check is to ensure that your users have at minimal  "contribute" permissions in the destination site collection and on the list/library the workflow is copying to. 

If that is the case, you may try and put the actions for copy into an action set and run as workflow owner.  This would give them the ability to run the workflow themselves but the copy would work with your permission level.  I would try the above step first since it doesn't involve elevated privileges.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

hi Eric,

they do have contribute permissions. here is the workflow. what should I do differently?

0 Kudos
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I noticed that you were using a reusable workflow.  Is there a particular reason why you aren't using a workflow that is associated with the starting library?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

there are 6 document libraries that are using this so I created a reusable workflow. what do you recommend?

0 Kudos
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Not sure if the fact that its a site workflow is conflicting the permissions issues.

Are you batch processing the moves or just doing this when an item is created or some criteria is met? If the document is to be copied when a certain criteria is met, run a library based workflow.  Let me know if that errors out.  It should work with no problem.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I crated a reusable workflow to place it at the site level (based on content type then added a workflow in workflow settings (workflow association to the content type). Thing is, it works for me but not other users.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

and yes, the document is copied if document status is "Final" and published "Yes"

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I think this may have to be run as a workflow owner so it has all of the appropriate permissions.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

how do I do that?

0 Kudos