cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Copy list items from one list to another with different data types and lookups

Jump to solution

Conversion helps

Convert Value in Office 365​ - I know you are on prem, but same ideas apply

Transposing Date Format using Regular Expression

burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Re: Copy list items from one list to another with different data types and lookups

Jump to solution

I know you're going to kill me. This morning while I was trying to figure it out, I went ahead and did the create action and just added one field to see how it would work. It did fine. So then I figured I'd do the update action. I can't use the service workflow because we don't have credentials to use with that.

burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Right now the problem isn't converting, its simply adding other string fields to string fields.

WorkflowMigrate.jpg

burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

the blogDataID is coming up 0. I'm retrieving it from the Querylist and putting it in the collection variable. It is the first For Each.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

I don't think you need any credentials for it. You could also create a "Service" style workflow as a list workflow that you only execute once. Have it to only to start manually. Shouldn't need any additional credentials.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

wrong data type?

burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

No. Just under Query List the blogdataid is returned. When I look again BEFORE the update it is 0.

burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I took the 2nd for each out, now its hung up. I'd like to stop the stupid thing but its showing as completed when I can plainly see not all of the records are completely  updated. It actually updated some of the titles this time even though they are wrong.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Ok, I didn't see the need for the second loop. Make sure you are using the list item ID as the reference.

burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks Andrew Glasser, you've been great and obviously patient. I've got all of the same datatype fields copied over and now I'm working on the conversion fields.