How to sent emails with If Condition

Badge +4

Hi guys, I need to do a workflow that sends out emails to remind people how many days till the due date. I calculated the difference between the Due Date and the Current Date column and got the amount of days left in my DaysLeft column.

These are the 3 conditons:
1. If 7 days left on the DaysLeft, one email will be sent.
2. If 3 to 0 days left, It will send a reminder everyday
3. If negative value on the DaysLeft, it will send a reminder everyday.

This is my workflow

I already did the workflow which updates the Current Date column everyday. Thus the DaysLeft column will be updated as well. Now I just need the workflow for the email. I tried using the Run If function but I dunno how to input the values in the configuration. I have the pic for the If Configuration for the 1st condition. I also don't know how to make it so that the value will be in a range like 3 to 0 for the 2nd condition . As well as Infinite range 0< for the 3rd condition.

Finally I need to put the amount of days left in the email message as well, how do I put DaysLeft Column as a dynamic text?  Please take a look and tell me is it correct thank you

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

is it a list or site workflow?

can you post screenshot of whole run if configuration? it looks you've chosen some overcomplicated way.

as well, I've a feeling you've started off of a wrong directions.

have a look on Cassy Freeman‌'s blog how this kind of remnders are being aproached

Badge +4

Hi I changed my entire workflow. This is the latest one. I'm using a site workflow.

For the variable I set

And my Run If 7 Days Configuration

My Run If 3 to -10 days configuration.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14
This is the latest one. I'm using a site workflow.

how do you identify items which you should sent out notification for?

you do not have any action within workflow that would do that...

For the variable I set

set variable action configuration is senseless.

it effectively queries Issue Tracking list for items that match DaysLeft field equals some variable value, and it returns that same field back and stores value of first returned item to the same variable used for filter.

so at the end it overwrites value of DayLeft variable with just the same value.

I encourage you to read through the blog I posted above!

Badge +4

Hi can u refer to my latest thread, I managed to get it working using a query list, but there's a problem when I want to set a range condition to send an email notification eg. 3-0.

https://community.nintex.com/message/80576-how-to-use-run-if

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

so has this been resolved?

if so, please select a correct answer.