cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Copy item from one list to another

I am trying to create a time sheet using Nintex 2010 and SharePoint 2010. Currently I have two lists. 

List A(Hours) - records employees time in and time out. There are seven columns Employee Name (person or group), Date (date&time), Time in(single line of text), lunch break(single line of text), time out(single line of text), total hours (calculated) and comments.

List B(TimeSheet) - I want to record the hours based on list A and total it. I have columns Sunday to Saturday twice, Employee Name, Pay Day, Total Hours, Pay Period Start and Pay Period End .

How can I create a workflow to copy the data from to the other? 

I was thinking of using a formula:

=and(Weekday([Pay Period Start])=2)) 

To get the first Monday that falls in that pay period

Here's what I have so far:

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Copy item from one list to another

As far as I understand from you requirement you want data for 15 working days as Sunday and Monday are coming twice.

Following are my queries:

1. In ListA you will have 19 rows for each employees(15 Working +4 weekends) but in ListB you will have only 1 row for each employee with the total for all the 15 days?
  2. How are you checking the condition if any user has worked on weekends?
Highlighted
Not applicable

Here is an update on my progress: 

This is where people enter the hours which they work: List A

This is the list that I would like it to filter into: List B

This is the workflow. 

The initial step is creating the a variable based on the pay start date (a column in list B). It is calculated for each day of the pay period and stored as separate variables.

Then it sets the variable of the employee name to be the same as the List B's employee name.

Then it has the condition to only run if the employee name on List matches the Employee Variable.

Lastly it will update List Bs current item ie Mon 1 with "Total Hours" if it matches the date variable set in step 1

It keeps filling it with zeroes and I am not sure why.

List A: 

List B:

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

I guess the issue is with parallel actions. Can u try removing the parallel action and run only for the day which has >0 working hours?

Highlighted
Not applicable

Would I use a workflow constant or variable? I am not sure where to set that condition.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I set that condition like so:

However, how I am supposed to set the variables?