cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Copy Workflow Constants Across Enviornment

Jump to solution

We have around 50 workflow constants defined in a site collection level. However, when we migrate the site collection from dev environment to test environment, the workflow constants are not getting copied to the test environment.This creates an extra task to create the constants again in the test environment.

Is there a way to copy the constants from one environment to another environment?

Please note we are using stsadm backup restore command for migration.

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Copy Workflow Constants Across Enviornment

Jump to solution

Hi Nidish

Nintex Workflow has a command line utility called NWAdmin.exe that assists with some operations such as this.

Have a look at the commands ExportWorkflowConstants and ImportWorkflowConstants (NWAdmin Operations - Nintex Workflow 2010)

regards

James

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi James,

Thanks for the wonderful  suggestion..

I went through the document and found below to commands which will help me in exporting constants from one environment and importing it to another.

To Export: NWAdmin.exe -o ExportWorkflowConstants -siteUrl siteUrl -outputFile pathToFile [-includeSite] [-includeSiteCollection] [-includeFarm]

To import: NWAdmin.exe -o ImportWorkflowConstants -siteUrl siteUrl -inputFile pathToFile -handleExisting Skip|Overwrite|Abort [-includeSite] [-includeSiteCollection] [-includeFarm]

Thanks for your suggestion.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hello James,

thanks for the suggestion using Export/ImportWorkflowConstants-NWAdmin tool.

I am just wondering, why the WorkflowConstants informations are getting lost, in my migration scenario:

- New WebApplication on target

- Attaching source contentdb (site has the same $site.ID)

- Attaching nintex database

This fact is not mentioned in your migration acticle Migrating/Upgrading - What you need to know 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

What version of SharePoint are you using? You may want to try using PowerShell instead of stsadm, see https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee748655(v=office.14).aspx for the details

0 Kudos