Solved

Workflow Error when connecting with a database

• 19 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hello,

I am trying to connect to our database from a Nintex 365 form, however, I am getting an error.(workflow-error.png)

My workflow looks like the following.(workflow.png)

Build String:

INSERT INTO XX.dbo.My_Table

(ID

,Status

,Year

,Region

,Market

,Created

,Created_By

)

Values

('‍{Current Item:Region}‍_‍{Current Item:Market}‍',

'Active',

'‍{Current Item:Year}‍','

‍{Current Item:Region}‍','

‍{Current Item:Market}‍','

‍{Current Item:Created}‍','

‍{Current Item:Created By}‍');

Connection string:   Server=11.11.111.1,1433;Database=XX;User Id=xxnintex_user;Password=xxxxxxx;

Thank you so much for your help.  Please let me know if you any more questions.

icon

Best answer by lily 2 November 2017, 19:21

View original

6 replies

Badge +4

When I googled, they suggested doing the following.  Ensure the Connection String is properly formatted, contains no typographical errors and is not pointing to a server with a private IP address.

I did all that but still get the error.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

Badge +9

Hi Lily,

The error you are seeing is occurring when the workflow is contacting a SharePoint list rather than SQL. I'm not sure where this is occurring in your workflow, possibly when you are trying to build the string and it's trying to get the values from a list item? If you can work out which list has the ID that starts with 'F7AFDDF' which is listed in the error, it is a failure on contacting that list.

It could also be the Update workflow status possibly - What values are you updating the status to, it may not allow certain characters.

Thanks,

Callum

Badge +4

Thank you so much for your response.  I have checked the list Id's and I couldn't find the Id that starts with 'F7AFDDF'.

For the workflow status, for some reason, the workflow doesn't show the status when I run it.  In order for me to see the status, I needed to add set workflow status.  I only configured it to say Started at the beginning and Completed at the end.

Thanks again.

Badge +9

Hi Lily,

Sorry it has taken me the weekend to have a think about this, I think it's likely that you can't see the list because it is actually the Workflow History list, which is hidden by default. I think what is happening is that the Execute SQL action is failing (for some reason), but then the error being written to the history list is failing for some reason - this second failure is hiding the actual error.

Would it be possible for you to contact the Support team with the details of this and we can have a look into the underlying error that occurred as well as the history list issue (if I am right about that).

Thanks,

Badge +4

Thank you.  I contacted Nintex support.

Badge +4

Nintex support explained to me that Nintex 365 can connect to the DB if the server is internet accessible.  Unfortunately,  our server is VPN accessible, not internet accessible.