Solved

On ipad, use the numeric keyboard when filling an integer field on a smartform

• 12 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

As the title suggests: how do i get the numeric keypad to show up in a K2 smartform when the datatype is integer. I found that in html it will need the type=number attribute however i need to know how to get this done from K2.

icon

Best answer by StevenBrown 27 November 2017, 20:04

View original

4 replies

Badge +15

I don't recall this to be something that can be configured in K2. This is a pretty good idea though. You may want to log a feature request to K2 to get this implemented in future versions.

Badge +3

You can change the input type using javascript.  Using the DOM explorer, get the ID of the textbox.  Then in a hidden literal data label, make an expression with the javascript below replacing the element ID with the one you found.

<script type="text/javascript">
    document.getElementById('000000*personal details removed*0000_422e535a-13*personal details removed*d9-43*personal details removed*d34d50b3e7').type = 'number';
</script>

I think it would be better as a supported feature of smartforms.

Hi All,

The marked solution of javascript in a hidden literal control is the known workaround to achieve the desired result at the moment.

A feature request has been logged for future implementation of an out of the box method to mark the type property for controls.

Thanks,

Colin

Badge +8

we have several text boxes we need this to apply to, is it possible to use a tooltip that is the same, and apply javascript to that tooltip?

rather than make individual expressions for multiple text boxes
@StevenBrown ?