Error when copying item

• 23 October 2014
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi All,

I am using SharePoint 2010.

I have a document library (Master).  I have used that document library as a template to create a second library (Group)

I have created a manually started list workflow (in Master) which should (I think) copy the current item to the Group Library.

At the moment I am getting the error  "The workflow could not copy the item.  Make sure the source and destination lists have the same columns and column settings."

These are standard libraries  - one created from the other - so they have the same columns and settings.

They both have versioning switched on.

Other than Nintex we don't have any addins in SharePoint

Does anyone have any ideas ?  I am using the latest release of Nintex available for 2010.

Thank you

Catharine

2 replies

Badge +2

Is this because the current item is updated with new values before trying to copy ? 

Badge +2

The document libraries were identical other than the name - the second was created from a template of the first.  The columns in each library came from the content hub content types.

I believe I have fixed it - I needed to do a commit changes before trying to copy the item.  - I wish the error message had been more "correct"  it wouldn't have taken all day to work it out!