cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Convert document, workflow completed but no output

Hello All,

I have a simple workflow that has just convert document action. When I ran this workflow on a document in a document library, the workflow completes in 13 to 15 minutes but no pdf is created at the end.

Kindly let me know if anyone has faced this issue before or know how to fix this kind of issue.

Regards

BK

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
mlauer
Nintex Newbie

Re: Convert document, workflow completed but no output

Have You set 'Capture errors' to 'yes' in action and assigned a variable to 'Store error text in'? What is the error text stored in this variable?

Kind regards

Manfred

baltner
Nintex Newbie

I am attempting to create PDF files from Nintex forms using the method suggested by Vadim Tabakman (http://www.vadimtabakman.com/nintex-workflowforms-to-pdf.aspx), which uses the Convert document action via the Word Automation Service (WAS).  Everything works fine except that the Word file is never converted to PDF.  Turning on error handling in this action informs me of what I already know: “Conversion jobs did not complete. 1 jobs failed. 0 jobs cancelled.”

I tried this also with a simpler workflow, based on yet another of Vadim’s posts: (http://www.vadimtabakman.com/nintex-workflow-convert-document-action.aspx), with the same unsuccessful result.

Some people have said that the WAS runs in the sandbox by default, but this prevents it from saving the file it converts. I have used PowerShell to ensure that it does not run in the sandbox (see http://www.ilikesharepoint.de/2014/04/what-you-should-know-about-word-automation-services-in-sharepo...) but this doesn't help either.

There are errors reported in the ULS Viewer. Probably the most significant one is this:

System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://127.0.0.1/WordServer2f4402f5-5247-40a9-b8ca-922582e1127e that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action.

but I'm not sure how to address this problem.

Thanks,

Bruce

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi, Kesava,

Did Manfred's suggestion help?

0 Kudos
mapeacock
Nintex Newbie

Hi Guys,

I have successfully implemented workflows that convert to pdf. I didnt encounter any issues with the WAS running in sandbox, so don't know about that one.

Things you need to address that may cause issues are:

• Does the Library have check in/out enabled? If so you need to ensure you add the appropriate Check Out and Check In controls. This should not actually impact the conversion, but I have a major version checked in prior to running the conversion on the final document.
  • Ensure that if you have any spaces in the source or destination url names, you replace them with the "%20" coding to ensure they are valid

How big is your document BK? 10-15 mins sounds like a long time for a workflow to process one conversion control.

Cheers,

Mark

gman
Nintex Newbie

FYI, you can get the original item's URL with the encoding already done by using the Encoded Absolute URL property for the current item. For some reason this only shows up in the Set Variable action.

Others in Workflow Context, like; Context Item URL and Item URL appear to have the encoding as well, but I have not tested these two in all conditions.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
mapeacock
Nintex Newbie

Hi Gerard,

I'm usually dealing in document libraries that are being populated from a workflow on a Custom List, so the Encoded Absolute URL won't be available for the foreign Library item. Would be easier!

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos