I'm getting Request failed with status: Unauthorized configuring a Call Web Service. I've found an answer stating to disable the loopback. I have no idea where to find the loopback.

Badge +3

I'm getting Request failed with status: Unauthorized configuring a Call Web Service.  I've found an answer stating to disable the loopback.  I have no idea where to find the loopback.  I may not have the access needed for locate/disable loopback.  What's strange is that I had it configured and working a few weeks back.  It's no longer working which is causing the workflow to error.

12 replies

Badge +11

Hi Felica,

Did you configure the Call Web Service action with your account or any service account? Could you check if the password is still valid for this account or not. Can you provide some more details about the error, how and when did you receive this error? Is there more in the ULS logs that you can check regarding this error?

Badge +3

I do not have an account or a service account.  I'm using Web URL/_vti_bin/UserGroup.asmx in the URL field on the Configure Action - Call web service window.  I'm getting the message when clicking OK on the Web Service URL -- Webpage Dialog window. 182336_pastedImage_4.png

182335_pastedImage_3.png

Badge +8

It is possible that you have enabled the Publishing Features?

If yes, give it a try to disable the Lockdown feature

Please get ensure that the group(s) you are trying to query have been configured, that everyone can see the group member (Group settings)

Badge +11

Do you know what this "Constant User Credentials" is? Have you checked if the password for this account has not expired?

Badge +3

When clicking on the lock for Username, I get the following window:

182337_pastedImage_0.png

When I click Insert, see this:

182339_pastedImage_3.png

Badge +3

I do not see the option of Limited-access user permissions lockdown mode in my Site Features.

Badge +11

Go to Site Settings > Under Nintex Workflow Management, click on Manage Constants. You will see this added here.

Edit it, and enter the password and try it again. This might be one of the reasons.

If you see that the scope is Farm, then it has been added from Central Admin for the Farm.

Badge +3

I don't have Nintex Workflow Management.  Here are my options:

182340_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +11

Yes, here click on Manage Workflow Constants and check.

Badge +3

Lordy - Right in front of me... But, I get this:

182342_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +11

Did you select the workflow constant? Ask the owner of the site to check for this.

Badge +1

Before configuring your workflow action "Call Web Service" test if you yourself can validatie that service by pasting the complete URL in your browser. If it is working you could normally test with your own credentials (I read that you can't change it though). Did you run the action  "Run Now" in the workflow action "Call Web Service"? Before you do this, switch the parameter 'Web_URL' to the actual URL. If you still get the authorization error then contact your helpdesk, the Nintex service account isn't configured correctly. The account could be deactivated/expired/blocked by firewall.