Solved

Controls, Panels, and Repeating Sections Rendering Over-Top of Each Other

• 9 November 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Folks,

I have forms with multiple panels or repeating sections that render based on rules. When they render as the rules are triggered, the controls usually end up overlapping to the point where some are completely covered.

What seems to be happening is that a control, usually a panel or repeating section, will first render that is farther down on the design canvas, then a rule will subsequently trigger a control (panel or repeating section) that is located higher up on the design canvas to render but it will render on top of the first control.

Is there a work-around or a setting that will force the form to reorganize to avoid the controls overlapping and in some cases completely covering up the underlying controls?

Thanks and Regards,

Patrick

icon

Best answer by MegaJerk 20 November 2018, 16:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

think I understand your question / scenario. 

If you're trying to Hide / Show a Repeating Section, entirely, it will lead to problems due to how Nintex Forms recalculates the Height of ALL of the Repeating Sections upon Row Add / Delete, instead of just the RS that is currently being changed. 

You should be able to follow the answer that I've posted here (https://community.nintex.com/thread/16919-problem-with-tabs-and-repeating-sections#comment-67237) for a solution. 

However, if you're talking about wanting to hide Controls / Panels that are inside of a Repeating Section, that's an entirely different beast, but one that is also solvable. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I will dig into your other post liked above. The repeating sections are not nested and there is no show/hide rules operating inside of the repeating section. I will let you know how this works out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Excellent, then that solution should work 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi N M‌,

This seems to have done the trick. I will let you know if it arises again. Thanks!!

Regards,

Patrick

Badge +1

@MegaJerk I came across this post which is really helpful but my problem is that I have a number of panels within a repeating section that appear based on conditional rules. Unfortunately if the rules evaluate to not true and thus the panels are hidden, I get a blank space on the form where the panels sit instead of rendering down to nothing as they would do on any other place on the form (if you get my meaning).

You mentioned there is a way to render panels inside a repeating section - is this something you could possibly help me with please?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Can you please make a new topic that is specific to your question here? I have a solution for it, but it would be better to not have it hidden under an existing topic that is not explicitly for what it is your asking for. 

Thank you!