how do I have a workflow to start using a date column in a sharepoint list

Badge +1

I am trying to create a workflow which starts when a date column has not been updated within a set period of the item being created in the list.

4 replies

Badge +16

what is the set window?

let's say it is 10 days.

i would create a site workflow that queries your list for items where the date field has not been updated and created date is >= your set period.

for each item returned, do something (not clear what you want to do in the above).

site workflows can be scheduled to run at your convenience (daily, weekly, monthly etc) and will give you live snapshot of the state of your data.

there are some site workflows over in the Nintex Xchange™​ space happy.png

Badge +16

did you get anywhere with this Colin?

Having just realised you're a business user in the same organisation as me I know this solution isn't possible for you given your limited set of actions...

Badge +1

Hi Cassy

I am an enthusiastic amateur as far as Nintex workflows are concerned and I have so many ideas on how I know they can help my department improve how we operate.

I thought this one I was planning would be really simple and it probably is. !!

I have a list which is for team leaders to record any electrical or mechanical isolations that are in place. If one is in place for more than 10 working days the team leader is required to review this lsolation and update as necessary.

I wanted the workflow to look at the list and if the column which records completed isolations was empty ie not updated after a two week period then it would notify the AP and place and action on him to review this. It would also notify the Authorising Engineer.

Any help would be much appreciated

Badge +16

i have emailed you happy.png