cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Content Database upgrade failure on missing FeatureID for Nintex Workflow ID "0561d315-d5db-4736-929e-26da142812c5"

Hi,

I am unable to complete a PSConfig due to Content Database upgrade failure on missing FeatureID for Nintex Workflow ID "0561d315-d5db-4736-929e-26da142812c5". Could you please advise how to get rid of the error?

I have tried to find the feature but I got a response that the feature is not installed in the farm. I do remember that we had installed Nintex in the past and may have uninstalled it. I could not access able t access the site hosting the content database due to the version mismatch error as the farm has been upgraded to a different version than the content database.

Regards,

Amit

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Content Database upgrade failure on missing FeatureID for Nintex Workflow ID "0561d315-d5db-4736-929e-26da142812c5"

Amit,

You generally receive this error when performing a database upgrade on a content database that contains features that require server side dependencies that have been since removed. The feature was most likely left active and was removed when solutions were retracted before it could be deactivated. This resulted in leaving the feature active yet not being listed when you attempt a Get-SPfeature.

For the record, the feature ID "0561d315-d5db-4736-929e-26da142812c5" is the Nintex Workflow feature which is activated at the site collection level.

There are several options to resolve this from third-party sources however, since this issue is related to the SharePoint farm and not the Nintex product we cannot recommend any of these suggestions officially.

Personally, I found that using the FeatureAdmin tool particularly useful and it may assist you in removing these orphaned features: SharePoint Feature Administration and Clean Up Tool - Home

As a rule of thumb Microsoft recommends you preform a Test-SPContentDatabase before preforming any upgrades to prevent issues like these from occurring.

Cheers,

Andrew Beals