Email action sometimes is blank

• 18 April 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I have two questions in this subject.

I have an basic workflow in a form library with InfoPath form that notifies user a form file uploaded in there.

In the workflow, there are multiple email notification using the column of form library (reference) colored by red in "attachment 1" below. e.g. StartDate, EndDate ...

But sometimes the email received by user is blank and the references is disappeared .

Question 1 : How do I investigate this problem ?

As mentioned above, we use InfoPath form. User who wants to apply the form clicks "Submit" button in the form and then the form is uploaded in the form library automatically. So I guessed this is timing issue that sending email before inputting the data into the column in the form library. I mean sending email action is kicked earlier than inputting the data into the column of the library.

If my guessing is true, I think the timing which the column is inputted in the form library should be delayed a little bit before the action of send notification run.

Question 2 : Is it possible to delay the workflow action ??

Any helps would be appreciated.

Attachment 1 : Action "Email notification"

Attachment 2 : Workflow

Attachment 3 : Form library

Attachment 4 : Blank email user received

5 replies

Badge +9

Hi Takuya Yamane‌,

Nintex workflow will start as soon as an item is created/modified in the library/list depends on your workflow settings. So may be as per your assumption if it is taking time to getting the values in the email body, please try with Pause for action before send notification just for 1 or 2 minutes and try if you are getting the email body correctly or not.

Thanks,

Lakshmi Narayana C

Badge +6

Hi Takuya ,

You can also check with Pause Until  action for pausing the WF progress. As Lakshmi Narayana C‌ mentioned you can also try the Pause for Action too...!!! 

Thanks 

Bashya Rajan A

Badge +2

Hi Lakshmi,

Thank you for your quick reply and helpful information.

This is exactly what I wanted. I also learned sometimes it takes time getting the values into email body.

I'll try this one !!!

Best,
Takuya Yamane

Badge +2

Dear Bashya,

Thank you for replying !

What do you think is the best way to use Pause for in my situation ?
I mean I have to choose a column existed in a list in "Pause Until".

Br,

Takuya Yamane  

Badge +2

Dear Lakshmi,

I've tried Pause For setting for 1 minute but I realized the workflow paused for more than about 4-5 minute. I investigated why and understood this causes the Pause For action works until SharePoint Timer Service works again every 5 minutes. So Now I'm looking for any other solutions that pauses shorter.

Anyway, It's just for your information!!  

Br,

Takuya