Modifying Nintex form

Badge +1

Hi Team, This is Madhu , I am new to nintex forms , I have created a list and converted it into form and published it . now i want to modify it , i want to keep label in form by giving space in between coloums, Could you please help me , how to do it?

4 replies

Badge +11

Hi Madhu,

not sure if i understand you correctly, but i try to answer anyway (just correct me if i misunderstood something).

You can edit the form for your list by using the "Nintex Forms" button in the list tab of your ribbon bar:

http://summit7systems.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/ehnin3.png

If you want to put spaces in between columns, you can simply drag the columns around and place them where you want them. There is a grid at the background of the form designer which is used for arranging the different controls.

Let us know, if you have other/further questions.

Regards

Philipp

Badge +1

Hi Philipp,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Your post helped me in modifying Nintex form.

However my exact requirement is like this.

I am in process of creating Server request form where users should enter the server details and user will be asked to select if it a Web server  or Application Server or Database Server ( I have created it with Dropdown box).

However now the requirement is if user chooses Webserver then only webserver details should be appeared in form else if he chooses Database server only Database server details should be asked .

please see below screenshots for your reference. Can this be Possible using Nintex form and Work flow ?

sr.1.PNGsr.2.PNG

Badge +11

Hi Madhu,

this should be no problem. Try to follow these steps:

• Create a calculated field anywhere on your form. As a value for this you choose your "Type of server" control. This caluclated value is only to see, which value will be returned when one of the checkboxes is checked. You can delete it after the last step
  • Create Panels for your different server types and put all the controls in the respective panel
  • Create rules for your panels to hide them unless your "Type of server" control matches the panel. You can use the formula builder when creating the rules. Use this formula builder to get a reference to your "Type of server" control. You will need your calculated value field from step one here, to see which value is returned  from your checkboxes.
  • Delete the calculated value again so user won't be irritated.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards

Philipp

Badge +1

Hi Philipp,

Thanks for your response.  As I  am new to Nitnex forms I am facing difficulty in implementing it .

I added a calculated value but I am unable to connect it to "Type of server"( this is not displaying here) . please find attachment.

However  "Type of server" is a choice column with check boxes, here user can check multiple options(i,e a single server can be both application ,web and database server). So based on user selection respective panels should be displayed.

I have created panels but I am unable to write formula , I m unable to find formula builder option.

So can you help me by explaining in more detail.

Would be good if you share any links or tutorial URLs for my reference.

sr.3.png