Nintex Mobile App registration - I get a message that says: 'Could not find Nintex Forms' at indicated URL. We are currently running Nintex Forms and Nintex Workflow 2010. What could be the issue?

Badge +2

I have Nintex Forms and Nintex Workflows 2010 installed with SharePoint 2010

I downloaded the Nintex app to my IPhone and tried to setup the registration/authentication to our system.

I get the error message: Could not find Nintex Forms at indicated URL. Please check that Nintex Forms is correctly installed.

I am able to create forms and have the options to create mobile forms.

What would be the issue here?

Thanks,

Jeff Feintuch

RioCan

Nintex Mobile.PNG

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The login screen is the default login when on the mobile app. For your case as you have sharepoint on premise, you will use your corporate login and put in the domain, username and password. Is your site accessible remotely, or away from the office normally?

Also, I am more interested about your form. Have you published it with a Nintex Mobile layout? Not just a iPhone layout, but a Nintex Mobile layout? Can you show a screen shot at the time of publish that should display all layouts being published? These are good places to start troubleshooting your issue.

Badge +2

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your response.

I still can’t see anything on the Nintex Mobile on my Iphone.

As you suggested.

Mobile phone has been published

See attached.

I can get to the site from my home computer from outside our network.

I get prompted for my userid and password by our network. Once I enter my information, I can go to the site that has the regular Nintex Form. No issue there.

This is normal.

So what am I missing?

Regards,

Jeff

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It looks like you have the correct layouts published from the screen shot. Once you login to the mobile app, what happens? Do you get errors authenticating?

Badge +2

Hi Andrew

As indicated, I get the message that it can not find the nintex forms at the indicated url

The url I gave is the one for our main SharePoint page

Do I need know something else for our firewall. Do I need an IP address or URL for the nintex mobile to put into our firewall?

If so, what is it?

Thanks

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone

Badge +2

Andrew

Attached is what I have entered

What else is there?

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Jeff,

is Nintex Live enabled on your infrastructure? I think it's a prerequisite to use Nintex Mobile

Giacomo

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Live is not a requirement, but available for situations where you have to work around a firewall or proxy server. Jeff, do you have a scenario where some services could be blocked by a firewall as seen below? Also for some reassurance, I have multiple farms I've connected to on NM App using corporate credentials.

Here are some details i've seen from Dan Stoll​ on using corporate credentials.

Nintex Mobile currently supports the following methods for communicating to the corporate SharePoint farm, using corporate credentials.

1. Direct connectivity (if the SP farm is available through the Internet)
  2. Exposing the Ports 80/443 through your firewall, with a rule that is specific to a url
    1. http://[sharepointurl]/_vti_bin/NintexFormsServices/NfMobileAppService.svc
    2. This would mean the rest of the farm is safe behind the firewall
  3. Configuring proxy software allow these connections, but in this case, the proxy server will also need to be configured to pass through authentication.
  4. VPN
    1. In this case, the mobile device would need to be configured to connect to a VPN.  Then, the Nintex Mobile app will be able to authenticate and talk to the SP environment.
Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Andrew,

thank you for your info about Nintex Live and Mobile!!

Badge +2

Andrew,

Does Nintex Live need to be turned on for this to work?

Regards,

Jeff

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No, Live is not required.

Instead of connecting to your site directly, the use of Nintex Live creates a secure connection through the Azure service bus to communicate with your SharePoint servers. Using Live will require you to connect to the mobile app using a Microsoft Account instead of your corporate credentials.

You may be interested in Nintex Mobile Apps Product Guide

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Also, you may need to reattach the image, I am not able to view it.

Badge +2

Hi Andrew

Here is my setup on my IPhone

Just standard corporate login info

Regards.

Jeff

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

For on premise you can use the web app url. But just to check because of features, could you try the site collection url.