Running a daily check on a list field if the date is in the next week

• 12 October 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +10

Hi 

I need to run a daily Workflow check on a list filed to check that a date is in the next week, if so it will send out an email. So how do I set a daily Workflow running (in the Workflow Settings I can just see Start Manually or Start when items are created) and also how do I set a moving date. I've added a Set A Condition action and when I look at the Value to configure it's just letting me set a specific date.

Any suggestions? 

8 replies

Badge +16

are you doing this as a site workflow? 

Badge +10

Hello again Casey! I've set it up as a workflow on the list. Would it be better to set it up as a site workflow?

Badge +16

Hi!  happy.png

Absolutely.  have a look at an example here and see if it makes any sense

Badge +10

Cheers, I'll take a look.

Badge +10

In your example what type of variable is the vCllFilteredRecords? Is it a Collection?

So if I get your example right we're creating a date using the Calculate date action which is xxxMonths or Days in the future and querying it against the relevant date field?

Badge +16

Yeah collection

and yeah you got it that’s exactly it!

Badge +10

Thanks! Why do I need to use the Log in history list action?

Badge +16

you absolutely don't.  I only do that during development to check all my calculations and outputs are what I expect.  you can delete them or disable them when you are happy the workflow is running as expected.  happy.png