Quiet Installation K2.net Server 2003 SP1

• 9 September 2005
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge
Is it exist quiet installation for K2.net Server 2003 SP1?
I suspect so, because it is MSI file.
For example I can use:
Msiexec /I K2.net 2003 Service Pack 1 (3.4138.1.0).msi X_SERVER=testserver X_DB=testdbserver X_LOG=testlogdbserver XK2DBAUTH=WIN XK2LOGDBAUTH=WIN /qn

My question is what property of the package I must to setup?

Mike.

4 replies

Badge +9
Hi Mike,

The K2.net 2003 Installation was not designed to do a silent installation.
Badge +1
I created a silent install to install just the studio components:

K2.net 2003.msi /qb AgreeToLicense=Yes USERNAME=abc COMPANYNAME=xyz ApplicationUsers=AllUsers INSTALLLEVEL=0 ADDLOCAL=STUDIO,SMARTFORMS,OFFICESYSTEM,SERVICEMANAGER,VSNET,VSNET2003

I'm new to dissecting MSI's, so I may not have done the best job possible. But it seems to work.

The other things you can list under 'ADDLOCAL' are all listed here:
ADDITIONAL
DATABASE
LOGDATABASE
MAPICORE
MAPIWEBSERVICE
OFFICESERVER
OFFICESYSTEM
SERVER
SERVERCORE
SERVEREXCHANGEWEBSERVICE
SERVICEMANAGER
SMARTFORMS
SPSSERVICE
STUDIO
VSNET
VSNET2003
WORKSPACE
WORKSPACESERVICE

If you need anything else, open the MSI with ORCA.EXE and open MSI.CHM to understand all the tables. Orca and the msi.chm help file are available with the Windows Installer SDK:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e96f8abc-62c3-4cc3-93ad-bfc98e3ae4a3&DisplayLang=en

Good luck!
Badge +1
I just noticed that INSTALLLEVEL=0 was unnecessary and caused issues. So, omit that argument, as follows:

"K2.net 2003.msi" /qb AgreeToLicense=Yes USERNAME=DSI COMPANYNAME=DSI ApplicationUsers=AllUsers ADDLOCAL=STUDIO,SMARTFORMS,OFFICESYSTEM,SERVICEMANAGER,VSNET,VSNET2003

Works like a charm.
Badge +1
So it doesn't work like a charm. This is my last post, I hope. One thing that doesn't happen when you use Windows Installer for a silent install is the registration of .NET codebases. So I added this line to my script and it seems to work (testing to come):

FOR /F "tokens=*" %%f IN ('dir /a/b/s "C:Program FilesK2.net 2003Bin*.dll"') DO IF NOT "%%f" == "XSP8600LIBU.DLL" CALL "C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv1.1.4322RegAsm.exe" "%%f" /codebase

Hope this helps somebody out there...