K2 blackpoint installation issue - sharepoint solutions not installed

• 13 October 2010
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello!

I am trying to install K2 blackpoint on my sharepoint server. The installation is working fine, no errors and no warnings, all permissions and SPNs are well defined and set.

But the SharePoint solutions are not installed after entering the Configuration Wizard within the SharePoint Central Administartion. And I can not install the k2 solutions manually, because they are not listed in the Central Administration Solution Management.

K2 blackpoint version: K2 blackpoint 4.5 (4.10060.1.0) with Update KB001170

My Environment:

SharePoint Server 2007 SP2 64bit (one server - Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 64bit)
SQL Server 2005 SP2 32bit (one server - Windows Server 2003 SP2 32bit)
All necessary additional software and windows components are installed (com+, MSMQ, MS Redist., DTC installed and configured, ...)
Kerberos is activated for the SharePoint Portal Web Application
DNS entries, host header and SPNs are set correctly (no duplicate entries)
Permissions for k2 service accounts are set correctly (farm admin, site coll. admin, sql admin)

Thank you for your help!!!

Cheers, Chris

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Try adding it manually to the solution store

stsadm.exe -o addsolution –filename  “C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12CONFIGK2SOLUTIONNAME”

Replace the SOLUTIONNAME with the desired K2 solution.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +1

Thanks for your reply.

I installed and deployed all k2 solutions manually -> all ok!

I also activated all features.

But now when opening the first time the "K2 for SharePoint" Tab in the Central Administration, after clicking through all steps it hangs up...

... in detail

1) opening Tab "K2 for SharePoint"
2) select "Use the K2 for SharePoint Configuration Wizard to configure the K2 for SharePoint components " and click next
3) Timer and Admin Service are ok, click next
4) all solutions are deployed, click next
5) selecting "Navigate to 'K2 for SharePoint' page in Central Administration" OR "Navigate to 'Activate All K2 Features and K2 Configuration Settings' page in order to activate the K2 features to the first site collection"

and click FINISH-> now it says "Applying content and updating configuration settings... " for minutes, hours, and the CA Web Appliaction Process needs memory up to 4 GB after 30 minutes working, so I have to cancel, by closing the Internet Explorer and nothing has changed!!!

Some ideas?

Thanks!!!

Chris

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

That doesn’t sound good. Can you try restarting the Windows SharePoint Services Administration service and the Windows SharePoint Services Timer service and then open the Central Admin site again > go to the K2 for SP tab…and try and activate the features/ settings again.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +1

Hi Vernon,

thanks for your help.

First I found out, that there are some features not correctly installed, because the solution was not deployed. After deleting this featueres and retracting and deploying again the solutions, everthing was clean. But not working.

Finally was restarting the two services you mentioned and i worked :-) more or less...

Now, if I open the "K2 for SharePoint" Tab, I can see the three K2 sections, but if I open for example the "Management Console" I get the error
"The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) "...

I thought maybe a IIS Reset will be a good choice now, but after that, clicking again the "K2 for SharePoint" Tab, I saw the "K2 SharePoint Configuration Wizard" again as I posted in my second post. And after clicking next, next, next and finish, it was hanging again with "Applying content and updating configuration settings..." (I did a Timer and Admin Service restart before)

I really don't know, I was thinking already that it is working, but finally not....

Thanks a lot for you help and your fast awnsers, maybe you have still some ideas?

[UPDATE]
IT's WORKING!!!

The Tab within the CA "K2 for Sharepoint" is linking to the "ConfigWelcome.aspx" - I don't know why, but openind now the direct link to http://server/_admin/K2/Administration.aspx the K2 Console is working again and also the links like Management Console and so on.

I finally hope everthing is working now :-)

THANKS s lot to Vernon!!!!!

Chris

Badge +5

Hi Chris,

If you get to the config page again, and it hangs again try the following:
The order of execution is important:
1)  Browse to the site (ConfigDeployment.aspx) where you are stuck by opening the CA and clicking on the “K2 for SharePoint” Tab, alternatively open the “K2 For SharePoint Configuration Wizard” icon on the desktop.
2)  Browse to your SharePoint 12 Hive (C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12 on my machine)
3)  Open the ..ConfigK2 folder from the 12 hive (C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12CONFIGK2)
4)  Find and open the “K2ForSharePoint.config” file
5)  Modify the file:

<Type>None</Type> should be <Type>Upgrade</Type>

Find all Feature nodes and modify the Action Attribute

Example:
From
<Feature Id="CBBF76E0-3FAE-4890-90A0-4AFA273B3363" Action="Activate" Force="True" />
to
<Feature Id="CBBF76E0-3FAE-4890-90A0-4AFA273B3363" Action="None" Force="True" />

6)  Save and Close
7)  Important: Click the “K2 for SharePoint” tab or refresh the page (ConfigDeployment.aspx)
8)  Select “Navigate to 'Activate All K2 Features and K2 Configuration Settings' page in order to activate the K2 features to the first site collection.”
9)  Click Finish

This will ensure that the features are not activated, they might however already be activated by previous installations.

These are the corresponding features:
- K2WebDesignerConfiguration Id="CBBF76E0-3FAE-4890-90A0-4AFA273B3363" Validate Activation under : Manage Web Application Features
- K2ProcessPortalConfiguration Id="C55E050A-F36B-4a6f-8580-50C053580921" Validate Activation under : Manage Web Application Features
- K2ManagementConsole Id="A9888E81-98AC-48db-8596-3F82FFC3A8C4" Validate Activation under : Central Administration > Site Settings > Site Features
- K2ConfigWizard Id="A15E30CF-AF83-4eef-830B-22746C680373" Validate Activation under : Manage Farm Features

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Frikkie!

Badge +1

Thank's very much to all of you!!

And I hope it will work now, at least until we will change to SharePoint 2010 :-)

I am the first time here at k2, and all help I got here was just awesome!

Thanks!!!!

Chris